My computer hasn't ever really given me much of a problem, but just this morning my keyboard stopped working. I have a wireless Logitech iTouch keyboard and I'm running Windows XP. At first I thought it was just the batteries... because I noticed a few times recently I had to reset it with the connect buttons. But when I try to boot my computer, it won't go past the BIOS page and it says "Keyboard error or no keyboard present". I do ok with hardware and windows based stuff usually, but I'm horrible when it comes to knowing what to do with BIOS/DOS stuff... And this completely stumps me...
Can anyone help me out with this??? I'd Really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are the drivers up-to-date?
Also have you/another user accidentally deleted the drivers for the keyboard.
Try an old PS/2 keyboard just to make sure that the computer is registering the presence of a keyboard.

Thank you for your reply.
I believe my drivers are up to date. I'm the only one who uses my computer and I don't believe there's any way that I could have deleted off the drivers... the only thing I've been doing lately is accessing Microsoft Office and the internet for work. Is there anything I can do it if I don't have a PS/2 keyboard?

try un-installing your current drivers, then reinstall them again.
Try running an Anti-virus/Anti-spyware program, just to check that ur computer hasn't been attacked by some malicious virus/spyware.

Ok. How do I do that without being able to get past the BIOS page? Sorry... just clueless on how to get past it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.