After reboot internet connection falls to nothing, with any browser, after browsing 4 or 5 pages. I know im not working offline, Im using xp home, dsl, speedstream modem. Nothing I have tried has worked for this computer. I changed computers and started using my laptop, and everything works perfectly. One strange thing happens on the other computer though. I cant connect with any browser to any site, but mirc can still retain a connection and download files. It reeks of a virus but my program cant find one, and ive used spybot and adaware and it still remains a problem. hope this is posted to the right forum, im new. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi, most probably it's a virus, if you have a computer that doesn't have any virus, you take the hard disk that doesn't connect to the internet and put it as a slave, then you try to scan using that computer

No easier way? Interfacing my desktop drive with my laptop probably will be too cumbersome if even possible.......

hi, most probably it's a virus, if you have a computer that doesn't have any virus, you take the hard disk that doesn't connect to the internet and put it as a slave, then you try to scan using that computer

hi, if you hava a hard drive enclosure just plug it to your usb on your laptop

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.