Can somebody here please help me SLOW DOWN my laptop? Once in a while, it goes berserk. I have heard/read that it's a good practice to "park" a HDr when it's not needed, but I never got around to learning how, though it seemed like a good idea. As usual, it's my bad. I need the information and don't have it, and can't remember where to get it. Here's the problem: occasionally, as in Right Now, Today, this very instant..... my Dell laptop's Hard Drive just starts to run. It goes on and on and on, without a pause. I can stop it only by rebooting. I need to know how to slow it and I'd like to know how to PARK it, like I ought to be doing. This constant activity can't be doing it any good!
Thanks much.

Liz

the reason its always on is that its "paging/swapping" because you dont have enough RAM or are doing something intensive.

parking doesnt exist anymore. It was big in the 90s but now nearly all drives (especially laptop ones) are autoparking

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.