lasher511 185 Veteran Poster

Ok so basically what has happend is we have bough 8 Acer Flat screen 17" monitors for upstairs on various brands of computers. When i went to install them this morning however 2 of the computers both HP Compaqs came up with an message from the monitor "Input not supported". Pretty quickly i came to the conclusion that 1 of the two computer companies is screwing us over here. My first guess would be Acer as from what i have seen HP have always been th better of the two.

So what i want to know is if there is a way we can use the two together and if not why not considering the same monitors worked on older computer then this one. I already tried opening it up and installing an external graphics card but the HP computers do not have a PCI-E slot. I could always go and buy some PCI video cards if i have to but i do not want to spend this money unless i know that it will work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.