Hi guyes i have Dell Latitiude D600 Laptop here after i used it for a long time it become slow and slow so i prefer to format the HDD after i take back up my data and drivers after that the RAM becomes so low when i watched movie the RAM is 512mb i checked it on the divice manager and excpect other components it is installed well and i even increase the virtual memory capacity
so give me some tibs here soon
tnx for that

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Hey heres a couple tips that may help
When you open the 'Task Manager" by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and go over to the process tab, see what processes are running behind the secens, you will also be able to see how much memory it is using at the time. Also do you have a spyware protection program on there because spyware and bog down your computer. Make sure to keep up on disk cleaning bout 1 a week and defrag about 1 a month.
Well let me know if this helps
TJ

no change till now even i install other uninstall divece drivers

Okay, go to Start > Run then type msconfig in the open box and press Enter. Under System Configuration, click on Startup tab. Untick all the boxes except from your antivirus and the firewall.

Click on the OK button. Reboot

Your computer should now boot faster and crash less.

ya thats one make my laptop to boot faster but the problem is when i watched viedo or run more application it cleary shows my RAM doesnt act perfect ...........but does the display adapter card wrong driver can makes it like thise ?
tnx all

Oh! I see. Try the above post first and observe what will happen. It also prevents other programs running in the background. Wrong video driver installed surely affects the system performance. But why? Is your video driver not included in the cd driver? As I know the installed video adapter in your model is ATI Radeon 9000, isn't it? Please let us know so that anybody here in the forum can help you.

i dont have the Driver CD....but before a i format it i take driver backup and download some of them from internet .....but where can i see the the video adabter model that installed ?
tnx fren

Okay, download the Everest Free Edition on this link:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Run this program and explore to the left pane and locate the information about your video adapter.

Look at the attached features and specifications of your laptop in pdf form and compare each other. Here, your video adapter is ATI Radeon 9000.

Confirm it on what everest says.

hey man i checked the video adapter it is what it recommanded on specification but when i come to the RAM physical memory is : total memory is 512MB used 226MB and free 284MB and the virtual memory is total 1760MB used 431MB free 1328MB ustilize 25% ......and i think the problem is it doesnt used all the total RAM capacity for the application that run .....Put me some hint or solution on this ....i did install all the drivers and think there is no problem on that
tnx for u r fast replay

Okay, your problem now lies on virtual memory. I think you have already corrupted some files. If I were you, start from scratch. Do a clean install and let windows set the virtual memory at default values. Good luck...

Sorry I couldn't edit the above post. I'm glad the Everest program worked to let you check your needs.

Okay, the problem now lies on virtual memory. I think your files may have already been corrupted. If I were you, start from scratch again. Do a clean install (format and install OS) and let the windows set the virtual memory at default values. Good Luck...

Start from scrach ?......i think i post thise problem to find better solution other than formatnig and start from the scrach i think there is a method to increase the virtual memory capacity ..........and also u think the total capacity of RAM is not used for the windows application to run ?

Okay, since you have already set your virtual memory in more than the recommended size. I am not 100% sure if the size you have set before would not affect the system performance.

Assuming, you have 512MB (pc2100):

1. Open System in Control Panel.

2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

3. On the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, click Change.

4. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

5. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.

6. Set the Initial Size to 768 and the Maximum Size to 1536.

If you decrease the size of either the initial or maximum page file settings, you must restart your computer to see the effects of those changes. Increases typically do not require a restart.

Check if it will resolve your problem. If not, the best way is do a clean install and if the problem still persists after installing a new operating system. The problem lies on hardware. Add more memory or module.

hey Fren i did format it and install all drivers from scrach and when i install the video adapter driver after i connect internet the problem is solved totally .......the problem was that the videoadapter that i installed was not the right driver for the hardware
Tnx for u r cooperation
LOVE THE FORUM

Okay, I am glad your problem is partially resolved. To make your system complete, download all necessary drivers for your Latitude D600 (Audio, Video Adapter, Etc.) to this link. This link is only intended for Windows XP.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en

Remember, confirm your hardware on what Everest says. Sometimes same model but different hardware installed. Be careful. Back up all necessary drivers in cd for future use. Good Luck, yoha!

Reminder: Don't use bios update unless the problem pertains to bios.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.