Hey All,

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted. Anyways, I have an HP ZV6000 series notebook PC. I received it from a friend and it had several keys missing on the keyboard and was typing funny. I decided to change the keyboard. I ordered a brand new one off of Ebay. Once I got it, I installed it. It too, type random characters. (IE: A= $ or similar) I looked to see if the Number Lock was on, it wasn't. I've searched high and low on the internet and can't find anyone with the same issue. I've removed the motherboard and checked the plug for dust and to see if the soldier joints were broken. I cleaned a little bit of dust out of the plug, put it all back together, and it still does the same thing. I can get into the BIOS with the new keyboard but none of the arrow keys work to switch screens. The Escape key also works. But thats it. I put an external USB keyboard on the machine and it works fine.

Thanks,
Alex

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can anyone tell me the solution in resolving the issue with HP zv6000 keyboard not responding at all? I have the same problem as viperman224. Thanks

are you sure the keyboard is the exact replacement and that you have it set up as an english keyboard?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.