A bought i used laptop and i open it and everything was fine. I put in a wireless card and got on the internet with no problem. I close it out and wrap it up for my young daughter for christmas. When use open it and turn it on a white screen came on and when we cut it on again nothing happen. Does anybody know anyting about this. Also the battery is completed dead so i dont know if that may be the problem, i need some help with this matter.Also the power supply light is green and the front two lights are on.

A bought i used laptop and i open it and everything was fine. I put in a wireless card and got on the internet with no problem. I close it out and wrap it up for my young daughter for christmas. When use open it and turn it on a white screen came on and when we cut it on again nothing happen. Does anybody know anyting about this. Also the battery is completed dead so i dont know if that may be the problem, i need some help with this matter.Also the power supply light is green and the front two lights are on.

Hello.

I found this link that may shed some light on your issue.
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread2170.html

Look for the post about it being dropped.

If the LCD connection came loose from excessive jarring I can tell you how you can check it. This sometimes happens when it has been handled without care like when they are shipped.

To check to see if the cable has become loose follow these directions. Please keep in mind that you are taking a risk when you have never serviced a laptop but this procedure is pretty easy to do if you are gentle and take care when doing it.

First, disconnect the AC adapter.
Then remove the power button panel (at the top of the keyboard) it is held in by snaps except for the right side so when you gently pry up on the power cover, start from the right side just above the Delete key.
Use a flat head screwdriver (precision set is best because it is much smaller and fits most screws in laptops) Under a dollar at Walmart.

After the power panel is removed, on the left side near the top, remove the hinge cover. Gently pry with a flat head screw driver at the bottom of the cover until it pops out of the holder. Set this aside.
Next, just below the hinge cover, there is a silver plate with two very small Phillips screws on it one at both ends, remove them and also the silver plate and set them aside and be sure not to lose the screws. After these items are removed, then you will see a black cable right next to the hinge, follow the cable down into the laptop and make sure it is pushed all the way into the connector. When it is seated properly, it should be almost flush with the base. DO NOT PUSH THE CONNECTOR DOWN WHERE THE WIRES CONNECT
Push on the left and right side of the connector until is is flush.
After this has been done, reverse the procedure until it is put back together. Note. When putting the power button cover back on start from the left side first then work your way to the right until it snaps back in.

NOTE
If you do not feel comfortable with this.. don't do it.
Bring it to a local repair shop and bring this post with you. I would tell them that I suspect that the LCD cable has worked it's way loose (partially) with jarring when it was shipped to you.

About the lights on the front.
One green would be on when it is plugged in (constant)
The other that changes from green/orange is the laptop trying to charge the battery. Green when it is charging, orange when it is discharging. The battery has a chip that if the battery is dead and wont take a charge, it will not allow the laptop to charge the battery due to possible explosion of the battery. If you replace the battery it will not change back and forth so quickly. It will be orange when it is charging and then turn to green when the battery is full.

The white screen has nothing to do with the battery what so ever.

I suspect that the cable has worked its way loose and only making partial connection. I just hope with turning it on to the white screen so many times, it hasn't burned out the LCD. I don't think that's the case yet, or it would be more likely to be black instead of white.

Ben

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.