Hi all,

I have recently built my pc and after installing windows xp i started downloading updates and also antivirus software. after turning the pc off, the following day i turned it on again but instead of booting up i recieved the message

Bad BIOS checksum. Starting BIOS recovery...
Checking for floppy...
Floppy not found!
Checking for CD-ROM...
CD-Rom not found!
Checking for floppy...
Floppy not found!
Checking for CD-ROM...
CD-Rom not found!

I then put in the support CD-ROM after rebooting the pc and got this message:

Bad BIOS checksum. Starting BIOS recovery...
Checking for floppy...
Floppy not found!
Checking for CD-ROM...
CD-Rom found!
Reading file"A8N32SLI,ROM".Completed
Start erasing......./
Start programming.../

then it gives some message about turning off my pc and restarting it to restore system. the only way of turning it off is to press and hold the power button and when the pc then boots up again it shows the same message! any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think you recently flashed the bios. Go to your motherboard manufacturer and ask for some assistance on how to re-flash it or if it's still under warranty, send it back to them.

Once i had the same prob on my oldsystem, my warranty was off and the only way i could get something back is by replacing the BIOS chip.
I heared people saying that some motherboards contain a recet button?!!?? which will restore the BIOS to factory setting, hmmm....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.