Dear colleague:

A HD in my office got a problem. I’ve tried to reinstall windows operating system. It goes to same step and it stops. It prompts three options: One is to press Enter key to proceed with installation, to press “R” key to recover, or to press “F3” to quit installation. But when I press “Enter” key to install the operating system, it displays a message that the HD is not found, and advised me to check the power cable is plugged property.

I’ve taken the HD and check it in my personal Pc, but it doesn’t work. I use it as a slave in my Pc. Now it finds and considers it as slave and displayed as a F: Local disk and G: Local disk. But the HD couldn’t work as a master by itself.

Please tell from your experience how I could make this HD functional again.

Regards,

Ben

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

try putting the jumper on CS.

Go into bios and make sure the HDD is set to AUTO.

Dear colleague:

I use it as a slave in my Pc. Now it finds and considers it as slave and displayed as a F: Local disk and G: Local disk. But the HD couldn’t work as a master by itself.

when you do this, can you access the files on the drive .

also what model does computer does your colleague have as Windows may need a 3rd party storage driver

if its an SCSI or SATA hdd or is connected to a RAID controller then you wil need a driver floppy for windows to find the disk.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.