My inspiron 630m has a problem. I works fine if the battery is removed from the system, but if the battery is connected, orange light (for battery charge)blinks and cannot be turned on(even with AC). The battery looks fine with 3 LEDs on when checked for charge.
Can anyone please help me?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is there any obstruction (dust, dirt etc.) o nthe battery contacts? Clean them on the battery and on the laptop then see if that helps.

My inspiron 630m has a problem. I works fine if the battery is removed from the system, but if the battery is connected, orange light (for battery charge)blinks and cannot be turned on(even with AC). The battery looks fine with 3 LEDs on when checked for charge.
Can anyone please help me?

If the three LED's are spaced 1 0 1 0 1 (with one being on) your battery is toast
If the three LED's are flashing your battery is toast

The Most Likely Scenario:
If they are in sequence 1,2,3 it is the charging circuit that is not getting a ground. Maybe RV1 or RV2 malfunctioned on motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.