I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop (model L500 - 02H) that doesn't turn on when I press the power button. I bought a new battery, put it in the laptop, and let it charge for 24hrs (well theoretically at least - if the laptop is plugged into the wall through the A/C and the battery is inside, will the battery charge even though the computer is dead?). When the A/C cable is not plugged in, there are no lights lit up, and when I plug it in, the 2 green lights light up. I tried running the laptop where there is no battery inside, but the A/C is connected & plugged into the wall, but the laptop remains dead. I did this using different power outlets, all with the same result. I tried suggestions that people put up fr other people's posts, and none of them worked, like: holding the fn key, pressing all keys on the keyboard, taking out the battery & A/C then holding the power button for 1 minute then putting everything back in, etc. What can I do at this point? Is my computer dead for good?

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Rik_

Well I'm not very familiar with disassembling laptops and don't want to destroy it. Is it easy to do, or do I have to take the laptop apart?

I took out the RAM & pressed the power button and there was no beep. But when I did it, the battery was out of the laptop, and the A/C wasn't plugged in. Do I need to do it over with both of them plugged in?

I tried other combinations with the battery & A/C being plugged in, but there still is no beep no matter what I try. Is there a chance this is because the computer was in mute mode the last time it was on, or does that not matter? Is there anything else that I can try? What looks to be the problem at this point?
Thanks

It looks to be a deadun then, you may well have to take it to a professional for diagnosis!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.