I recently got a new Toshiba Satellite laptop, and about a couple days ago a vertical line had started to appear on the screen. At first it flickered and faded in and out, and now it has become a solid line on the left-center area of my screen. Anyone know how much it would cost to get it repaired? I got mine on one of those free reward sites, and I don't think I can take it to a Toshiba Authorized Repair Center because they require some sort of receipt or proof of purchase (which I don't have). Anyway, anyone know how much it costs? Sorry for the long read.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have a toshiba Satellite p35. It also developed veritcal line that got progressivly worse.
So far, my laptop is 2 and 1/2 years old and has had the LCD replaced twice and needs
another one. It also had to have the inverter replaced at 10 months old as well. I would never buy another Toshiba.

I recently got a new Toshiba Satellite laptop, and about a couple days ago a vertical line had started to appear on the screen. At first it flickered and faded in and out, and now it has become a solid line on the left-center area of my screen. Anyone know how much it would cost to get it repaired? I got mine on one of those free reward sites, and I don't think I can take it to a Toshiba Authorized Repair Center because they require some sort of receipt or proof of purchase (which I don't have). Anyway, anyone know how much it costs? Sorry for the long read.

I have the same issues I do my own repair is cost about 120.00 for the display screen. I have not purchased one yet still trying to find the best deal.

Best Regards

Michael

I have the same issues I do my own repair is cost about 120.00 for the display screen. I have not purchased one yet still trying to find the best deal.

Best Regards

Michael

eBay is always a good place to get a second hand screen from nice and cheap.

You'll also find faulty laptops on there as well and if you can find the same make/model of laptop that has a faulty motherboard but a working screen then you might make a saving.

:)

I got a toshiba P105 17" screen about 1 month ago a solid white bar apear on my screen and now one more on the left side there about 1 1/2" wide do i have to change the display?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.