Okay, I'm new to working on Laptops so I could of bungled something.

The Inspiron 1150 had worked for quite a while without problems, but was starting to get overheating problems. So I worked to get in and blow out the heat sink with compressed air. I tried to get in from the back, but eventually got in from under the keyboard. Unfortunatly once I put all the screws back in, and placed the keyboard back in and pressed the power button all I get is a solid power light. The HD light blinks once, and the Caps Lock Light blinks 10 times, and then it shuts off. Any help out there please?

Okay, I'm new to working on Laptops so I could of bungled something.

The Inspiron 1150 had worked for quite a while without problems, but was starting to get overheating problems. So I worked to get in and blow out the heat sink with compressed air. I tried to get in from the back, but eventually got in from under the keyboard. Unfortunatly once I put all the screws back in, and placed the keyboard back in and pressed the power button all I get is a solid power light. The HD light blinks once, and the Caps Lock Light blinks 10 times, and then it shuts off. Any help out there please?

Just a note, never blow compressed air into a laptop as it blows the dirt and particles into the motherboard area possibly causing more issues. Its better to do a little disassembly and blow the dust out of the heat sinks and fans areas where it congregates from the inside out.

On the 1150, you probably found out to disassemble it, remove the plastic panel under the lcd that houses the power and reset buttons, then unscrew the 4 screws holding the keyboard lifting it up and unplugging it, then remove the heat shield with one screw and now you can see both the video and CPU heat sink and fan to blow out. If this was all you disassembled then its most likely you didn't plug the keyboard in correctly or something else was unplugged or moved in the process of blowing the dust out. My suggestion is to take it back apart to the level you had before checking all plugs that you can see such as the cpu fan plug, the mouse scroll pad plug and the keyboard plug re-seating them and putting the laptop back together, and try again. The Inspirons will shut down if anything is out of place or not connected correctly. If you removed the memory chips for any reason, re-seat them, and the same if you removed the hard drive. Provided you did no static damage, it should be back to working once put back together correctly.

Good luck and take your time,

Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.