sirpecksalot 0 Newbie Poster

I have posted this same Thread in the "Computer case, fans, and power supply" channel. I posted this again because I'm not sure which one i would put this in. But please read and see if yall can assist me.

I have looked at quite a few forums to see if someone else had my problem and i can't seem to find one. My computer is custom built and is quite new. A few months ago i was playing The Suffering on my computer, I had to walk out of the room for a few minutes and the electricity flickered on and off for a second. When I went back into the room my computer was off and would not turn back on. So I reset the power switch on the back of the power supply and it came back on. When I went to go play a game, no matter which one it was, the computer would shut off as if someone unplugged it. I have'nt been able to play ANY games since then without it turning off. I tried many things to find out the problem. I tried taking off the side of the case to see if it was over heating, for a while i thought that was it but it still shuts off. I changed my power supply, still did it; changed the video card, still did it; I even put in 2 extra fans and replaced my old ones with new ones so i have 5 fans excluding the CPU fan and Power supply fan. I am currently trying to see if it is my RAM. I am running out of ideas and I want to be sure if i cannot fix the problem before I change my motherboard out. My pc specs are at the bottom if yall need info. on that. Thank you for reading, I hope yall can help me out.

DDR2 1g RAM chip
ATI 9800 Radeon 256 mb video card
AMD Athlon 64bit 3500+
MSI MoBo
450w power supply
CD burner
80G HDD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.