Hi, recently my Toshiba Satellite M105 LCD screen has decided to no longer display a picture. It started with the screen jumping for a few minutes, but I was able to solve that problem my pinching the upper left hand side or the top of the display in general. Now, The screen displays no image at all, although the backlight is still on and the brightness is adjustable.
My laptop works perfectly fine when attached to an external monitor. From what I've read, this could be remedied by reseating the flex cable or something of the sort, correct? The problem with that is I have no idea as to how to do this and can't seem to find any guides on how to do so.

Thanks for your time

~[SpaHr]-kun out

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hmm... seems fairly easy enough... maybe. I just have to work up the nerve to take it apart and not mess anything up. All thats required to reseat it is to make sure its plugged in completely right? just unplugging and plugging back I assume.

~[SpaHr]-kun out
Thanks for the link^^

All thats required to reseat it is to make sure its plugged in completely right? just unplugging and plugging back I assume.

yes ,and the degree into which it has to be take apart you will see as you follow the steps from#1 on through until you can unplug the cable,
From looking at the pictures you may only need to do steps 10 and 16 to get at the cable .
Just remember it was someone else who said this might help you problem ,and not ME!! lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.