I am hoping someone out there can help. I have a Dell dimension 4700 a couple of months ago I turned it on and it wouldn't fire up it just beeped a few times. I called a local repair shop and they said it sounded like the video card had gone out. I pulle it out and reinstalled it. The computer worked fine for a while. It did it a few more times then the other day would not get passed the beeping stage so I bought a new video card and installed it. It worked for a day and a half then went out. I took it to a repair shop today and he just made a few suggestions 1. maybe the power supply is bad but he could not find anything wrong with it. 2 Maybe a problem with the mother board I could try replaceing both the board and power supply. In other words he did not know what the _ _ _ _ was wrong. I am using the intagrated video for now. Any ideas?? I really don't want to just start replacing things shooting in the dark. THANKS

Recommended Answers

On some of the dells you cant replace the poer supply or motherboard as they are custom , also dells have a very limited power supply wattage

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

On some of the dells you cant replace the poer supply or motherboard as they are custom , also dells have a very limited power supply wattage

what I'd do is replace with a good known power supply, and try to use it for a few days. It sounds like it could be the motherboard, but I'm not sure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.