I have an ABIT IS7 motherboard with a fan that is making a ton of noise. I know for sure it is the fan, and no, it's not filled with dust or anything silly like that. My problem is that I don't know how to either replace the fan or fix it with some lubricant. If anyone knows what kind of fan I should replace it with that would be great. I've tried taking the fan off to lubricatre the shaft, but I can't seem to get it off and I don't want to break it completely.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Milesofjazz

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Time to take it to computer shop!!!you don't know hotwto remove the fan you don't know how to lubricate it ,you don't know what kind to buy ,can i as do you fix you own car .

can i as do you fix you own car .

Um, could you make sense?

Could you at least be helpful? The point of asking is so I DON'T have to take it to a shop.

Thanks anyway

Um, could you make sense?

Could you at least be helpful? The point of asking is so I DON'T have to take it to a shop.

Thanks anyway

it requires more knowledge that what you have or you would have figured it out by yourself by now .you could ruin you cpu or your motherboard if you do it wrong .that as help full as i can be ,sorry . but maybe someone else can help you ,give more info like what type of processor and motherboard is in the computer .is Intel or amd .what socket type is it ,there a so many different ones

Once you open your cabinet,you need only a screw driver to take out your fan.Clean it if its dusty.And I dont think lubricating it will do any good.

Once you open your cabinet,you need only a screw driver to take out your fan.Clean it if its dusty.And I dont think lubricating it will do any good.

maybe so ,but i don't need a screwdriver to take mine off ,intel p4 ,has just to clips i have to click up and 4 hooks to unhook,no screwdriver needed ,my point is different fans ,different method of removal .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.