I selected all and didn't save it, sorry I knew I should have saved it. I am attaching the java one because it is long. Should I do the Grisoft thing again?

Should I do the Grisoft thing again?

Please do.

It will make removing it easier ( yeah - I know I'll probably regret saying that.....)

PP:)

REGEDIT4
; RegSrch.vbs © Bill James

; Registry search results for string "Grisoft" 11/29/2009 9:06:59 PM

; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close WordPad.
; You must manually save this file to a new location if you want to refer to it again later.
; (If you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore any Registry changes you make to these values.)

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4215972033-1050644244-1932678965-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad\Recent File List]
"File2"="C:\\Users\\Auberey\\Documents\\regedit for Grisoft.txt"

did it again and that was it...

did it again and that was it...

Great - I'll post some removal steps late tonight or Monday to remove the AVG stuff from registry.

OK - Let's have a whack at this AVG:

Please download the attached RemAVG.zip and extract RemAVG.reg from the Zip to your desktop.
-- DoubleClick on RemAVG.reg and allow the contents to merge into the registry.

That ought to take care of that.

-- Any progress with the keyboard?

It has gone crazy, plugging my son's keyboard in and it worked initially, then did the same thing.

C:\Windows\Users\Auberey\AppData\Local\temp\Setup.exe

yesterday some of the tabs in my website program stopped working and it made me use keyboard shortcuts, then it quit letting me type at all so I restarted it and it was working ok, but it did the same thing this morning.
the AVG thing seemed to work, thank you:)

It has gone crazy, plugging my son's keyboard in and it worked initially, then did the same thing.
C:\Windows\Users\Auberey\AppData\Local\temp\Setup.exe
yesterday some of the tabs in my website program stopped working and it made me use keyboard shortcuts, then it quit letting me type at all so I restarted it and it was working ok, but it did the same thing this morning.

What's the setup.exe from?

At this point, I am not sure what to tell you - there are so many different areas to investigate that it would not really be feasible to do that in a forum setting.
The first thing I would look at would be the driver(s). Update/reinstall them.
Also, if it only occurs within a browser, I'd reinstall that as well.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - does House M.D. diagnose computers?

What's the setup.exe from?

not sure, where would I look?

does House M.D. diagnose computers?

yes, it is that ridiculous, I know, no worries, I think, no I know I just need a new computer... :|

you have been extremely helpful and very House M.D. like and I thank you, it is working much better than it was :)

you have been extremely helpful and very House M.D. like and I thank you, it is working much better than it was :)

You're welcome :)

-- I was talking to a friend and she mentioned she had a similar problem with her laptop cursor jumping around and it was due to her touchpad.
In your control panel / mouse settings, do you have the option to disable the touchpad when typing?
Or, maybe try TouchFreeze
See if that makes any difference.

it was due to her touchpad.

that's so funny because that is exactly what my son said last night after I did a check on the driver for the keyboard, he said my touchpad is glitchy and sensitive that maybe even my sleeve skimming it could effect it. I installed the touch freeze and it is typing fine now. I feel kinda dumb. ;) Thank you!

I feel kinda dumb. ;) Thank you!

Well . . . . I didn't think of it either . . . .

Happy to have been of service :)

I feel a tinge of regret in saying this, but it appears the Ulysses of Daniweb threads has come to a close. (unless an unaddressed issue remains)

What do you think? Should we mark this one as "solved?"

Seems so, I won't know what to do with myself now, lol ...

I feel a tinge of regret in saying this, but it appears the Ulysses of Daniweb threads has come to a close.

it is kinda sad :(

Email (here or look on my blog info) me about the Christmas card and thank you again for all your time and patience. You have been very gracious. :)

Seems so, I won't know what to do with myself now, lol ... it is kinda sad :(

HA! I know - same here!
Hey - at least I learned some things along the way about Vista and Laptop touchpad sensitivity....... I'm sure they will come in handy down the road for people with similar issues!

Email (here or look on my blog info) me about the Christmas card and thank you again for all your time and patience. You have been very gracious. :)

I sent you a PM with my info.

You're quite welcome - I enjoyed the challenge!

Merry Christmas :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.