bjg5858 0 Newbie Poster

Hi I am trying to install an ADDON usb wireless card on centos 4.5. I took the cover off of the card and found that it had the at76c505 chip. So I used a Netgear MA101 how to because this uses the same chip. http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/howto/howto.html. In this how to it describes how to see what version of the chip you have. (i will copy and paste this text now!);

After you plug in a USB device, type dmesg and you should see a log entry like:
usb.c: USB device 6 (vend/prod 0x864/0x4100) is not claimed by any active driver
You can also run lsusb or cat /proc/bus/usb/devices to find out about devices already connected to your computer. Compare the vid/pid against the numbers below, or against the entries in the USB device table.

Ok so my problem is that when i run any of the following commands i dont get the line they are describing. however i do get some errors about usb devices and something about channels.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.