just recently installed fedora 7... it seems fedora doesn't auto detect wireless configuration. Does any body know how to configure wireless network in fedora ? Thanks a lot...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

First, is your wireless card detected? Try running lspci at the command prompt and posting output of it here.

First, is your wireless card detected? Try running lspci at the command prompt and posting output of it here.

sorry, i m very new to the linux. Do i type in exactly what you said "lspci"? I tried and it says command not found. I was typing lspci under localhost""" should i cd to somewhere like the root before doing "lspci"?

I don't know if I should pick up all the basics before worrying the configuration of the wireless network. However, i do know the 101 stuffs such as "man, ls, mkdir, " .. basic stuffs like that.

thanks for the help

You probably don't have it installed. Go into your package manager and install pciutils (if I recall correctly it should be in the main Fedora repositories).

As for "learning the basics", wireless configuration under Linux is about as basic as it'll get.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.