just recently installed fedora 7... it seems fedora doesn't auto detect wireless configuration. Does any body know how to configure wireless network in fedora ? Thanks a lot...

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by linux

First, is your wireless card detected? Try running lspci at the command prompt and posting output of it here.

First, is your wireless card detected? Try running lspci at the command prompt and posting output of it here.

sorry, i m very new to the linux. Do i type in exactly what you said "lspci"? I tried and it says command not found. I was typing lspci under localhost""" should i cd to somewhere like the root before doing "lspci"?

I don't know if I should pick up all the basics before worrying the configuration of the wireless network. However, i do know the 101 stuffs such as "man, ls, mkdir, " .. basic stuffs like that.

thanks for the help

You probably don't have it installed. Go into your package manager and install pciutils (if I recall correctly it should be in the main Fedora repositories).

As for "learning the basics", wireless configuration under Linux is about as basic as it'll get.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.