Hi,

Has anybody got a shell script to see what is filling a mount point?
It's my oracle mount point but I can't see anything writing to it when I check using
ps -ef | grep *log nothing stands out are there any other commands I can use, it's solaris OS?

Cheers,

Jim

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by plut0564

Cheers Scott,
I found an article regarding 'ulimit' that looks interesting.
I suspect it's down to oracle 10g ias, but I'm more oracle than unix. It's solaris 10(5.10) by the way. I was really after a unix command where you could see all the files being written at a certain time.

Jim

You probably aren't going to find exactly what you're looking for, but a couple of sibling commands might be able to help. Check out `df` and `du`.

With `df` you can see the amount of space used on any mount point. It's often useful to run `df -B 1M` as it will format it in MB granularity instead of KB (older systems actually use 512b blocks).

You can use `du` to list all directories under a particular directory, so you might be able to do something useful with that to give yourself a better idea of what's being written to. Try `du -s *` in the directory you are curious about. That will output the size of each directory and file in your current directory.

HTH,
geis

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.