HELP! I was using Mozilla 1.0.1 on my RedHat 8 system. However, I just upgraded to Mozilla 1.2

Unfortunately, what I didn't count on was that it seems that the flash plug-in for Mozilla doesn't support this version?

Please help!
Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Oops! I'm stupid. It doesn't exactly take a genius to realize I had to reinstall the flash plug-in so it could associate itself with the new mozilla version.

Nevermind. LOL

Unfortunately, now I'm having yet another problem! Now that I've got my flash plug-in working, I need help getting my java plug-in working.

I have the jre installed along with JBuilder. JBuilder's internal browser displays java applets properly. However, I just can't for the life of me get the plug-in to work in mozilla!

I was snooping around and saw in the jre folder a plugin folder which contained 3 subfolders: ns4, ns600, and ns610. Each one of these contains a file such as "libjavaplugin_oji.so".

In my naiive-ness and newbie-ness, I stumbled upon the folder /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1/plugins/ and noticed libflashplayer.so in this folder. Therefore, I thought I'd give it a shot and throw the libjavaplugin_oji.so file in there too! All this resulted in is mozilla automatically shutting itself down everytime I accessed a page with a java applet! Obviously this wasn't the right solution!! (But, hey, I gave it a shot and I can't find any man pages about this anywhere!!)

help pleeez!!

Can someone pleeeez help me?
I can't get any java applets to display right in mozilla! :(

thanx
-dani

*bump*

Hi All

I too tried installling the jre plugin for mozilla to play flash . But donno why , the browser crashes as soon as it tries some flash site .....with the error

INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Exec of "java_vm" failed: 2
<
System error?:: No such file or directory
Gdk-ERROR **: Fatal IO error 9 (Bad file number) on X server hpn01.cdotd.ernet.in:0.0.
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from child process
System error?:: Operation would block

Plz help me out

best regards
Varun

When installing the java JRE, what you need to do is extract the JRE somewhere on your system (such as /opt/java or something... perhaps /usr/local/java), then find the java plugin module that is located somewhere within that extraction. Note where it is, then go to your mozilla plugins directory and make a symbolic link to the plugin instead of copying the plugin. So, if I were to extract a copy of the JRE into /usr/local/java, the command would be something like:

# cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
# ln -s /usr/local/java/j2re1.4.2_10/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so

Unfortunately, now I'm having yet another problem! Now that I've got my flash plug-in working, I need help getting my java plug-in working.

I have the jre installed along with JBuilder. JBuilder's internal browser displays java applets properly. However, I just can't for the life of me get the plug-in to work in mozilla!

I was snooping around and saw in the jre folder a plugin folder which contained 3 subfolders: ns4, ns600, and ns610. Each one of these contains a file such as "libjavaplugin_oji.so".

In my naiive-ness and newbie-ness, I stumbled upon the folder /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1/plugins/ and noticed libflashplayer.so in this folder. Therefore, I thought I'd give it a shot and throw the libjavaplugin_oji.so file in there too! All this resulted in is mozilla automatically shutting itself down everytime I accessed a page with a java applet! Obviously this wasn't the right solution!! (But, hey, I gave it a shot and I can't find any man pages about this anywhere!!)

help pleeez!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.