I want to install Fedora Core 2 on my system with a dual boot with Windows XP Home. XP is on first partition and I have enough space for another partition (15GB) for Fedora. So, I put Disk 1 in my CD-ROM and reboot and boot to the CD-ROM drive and the Fedora Core 2 setup screen appears......and I press ENTER for an Grapical installation! And after I press ENTER, it does the loading at the bottom screen, like a couple of lines or soo and reboots, but doesn't reboot to the next screen of the setup, :?: instead it reboots normally to my Windows XP. Anybody know why it is doing this!? Please help, I'm new to Linux. Thanks......

-pete-

Specs:
P4 HT
ASUS Mobo HT
Win XP Home
2GB RAM
80 GB HD
ATI RADEON 9600se 128MB
CD-ROM/RW/DVD Drive

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kc0arf

Hello,

With Fedora Core 4 out there, I would suggest that you work with it. My Fedora Core 3 stuff worked just great.

You might have bad media -- the software should be prompting you on where to install the software (partitioning) and making software selection choices. That should happen well before you reboot.

Christian

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.