Hi guys,

I bought SONY VAIO vpcs13v9e to use as a Linux laptop but I cannot install Fedora 14 or Ubuntu 10.10. I get full black screen. I don't know what to do. My machine has Win 7 64bit on it. Wubi didn't work for 32 and 64 iso files. I also booted directly from Fedora and Ubuntu CD, same result.

I'll be happy if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You might have better luck with one of the older releases like Fedora 12 or 13 as they have had time to correct any bugs in the code and get all of the drivers working properly.

On Ubuntu you may want to try 10.04 LTS which has a 3 years support and a stable version. But also take note that reading a Linux CD might take some time and it just show black screen. Check whether the DVD/CD drive is reading the CD and whether the DVD/CD light is blinking while reading. Mine took about 10 minute before I can see the logo. Just be patience.

Hi,

I've solved the problem. Please check my another thread. Thread subject is: SONY VAIO NVIDIA Driver Problem

Thanks for your contributions guys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.