Please take a look at my fstab below. I'm trying to mount the HD stb onto /home/garrett/ but I don't know waht options I should choolse. Thanks for any and all replies.

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>                                       <dump>  <pass>
proc    /proc   proc                    defaults                                        0       0
# /dev/sda1
UUID=6ad5c578-f3ba-4228-885f-ae74e9e81ba9       /       ext4    rw,errors=remount-ro    0       1
# /dev/sda5
UUID=0076c4a3-e29d-49bb-8f3a-a28d5ecac482       swap    swap    sw                      0       0
# /dev/sdb
#UUID=86e3838b-7c18-4870-8a7b-684255629264      /home/garrett/  ext4 <options>          0       2

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you don't want anything special, just use defaults.

Thanks mike. I did research all the options including default but after reading it's description I wasn't sure about it either. But I tried it and it worked fine. Thanks again.

You might want to read the mount and mount.ext4 man pages for more information about the options available. Some may be useful to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.