The OpenGL packages might have different names on your Linux distribution (I gave the names for Ubuntu).

Psssst. I'm using Ubuntu (I installed KDE on it (Plasma Workspace), and now it's called Kubuntu, magic...). After seeking for OpenGL, I found only the closest ones being: Compiz, Globs, NVidia binary x.org driver, but I don't have Nvidia. There's no such thing in my Ubuntu Software Center. I did update my apt-get thing.

BUT:

sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev, I don't know what freeglut3-dev does, it probably will download a whole lots of malware, but frankly I don't care, as long as my application works.

Qt supports CSS! Who needs C#/XML, get outta mah way! C++/Qt is the king now!

Thanks everybody who contributed. Now I can just look up recent tutorials about C++ and I'm good to go.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Do you need opengl for QT?

An interesting thing about some of the later PHP 5 distributions (starting with 5.4 or 5.5 - don't remember exactly which but I think 5.5) is that there is a built-in web server that you can use to test your code. I did this at Nokia when I was writing a lot of PHP code for our performance testing needs. The php.net web site can provide that information for you. In any case, using that means you don't need a web server such as Apache running. You can also specify the port so it won't conflict with running web services.

Do you need opengl for QT?

Apparently, I couldn't compile the basic GUI because it prompted error. Which apparently required OpenGL for some reason, as soon as I got this, problem went off, so I'd assume it needed it.

An interesting thing about some of the later PHP 5 distributions (starting with 5.4 or 5.5 - don't remember exactly which but I think 5.5) is that there is a built-in web server that you can use to test your code.

Can't I just compile the program and test it as executable?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.