I bought a lot of blue and white g3 imacs from a school auction over the summer and they all require an owners password to log into the system. I have OS X 10.0 installed over the 9.2.2 but in order to upgrade higher I need to upgrade the firmware which requires me having access to 9.2.2 booted up. Is there a way I can get to the password file via 10.0 somehow and delete it or change it?? I am stuck with all of these machines and cannot do a thing with them.
So if any of you gurus can help me with this problem I would be ever so grateful!

Thank you in advance,

Chuq

I bought a lot of blue and white g3 imacs from a school auction over the summer and they all require an owners password to log into the system. I have OS X 10.0 installed over the 9.2.2 but in order to upgrade higher I need to upgrade the firmware which requires me having access to 9.2.2 booted up. Is there a way I can get to the password file via 10.0 somehow and delete it or change it?? I am stuck with all of these machines and cannot do a thing with them.
So if any of you gurus can help me with this problem I would be ever so grateful!

Thank you in advance,

Chuq

Start from a 9.2.2 installer and reformat the drive with disk/drive utility then do a software update - then install 10

commented: I just got a Grape 266 & ahve the same issue. Ordered OS8.5 & 9.2 +7
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.