My G4/OSX suddenly started freezing up . . . the cursor "disappears" and I have to unplug and remove the battery to create a forced quit.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Which G4 do you have? Is it an iBook or a PowerBook? When does it freeze up? At start up? While you're playing your favorite game? In the middle of writing your latest Jarring and Canning Club Newsletter?

The more information you give the more accurately people will be able to diagnose the problem.

To that I would add.. what version of OS X?

Which G4 do you have? Is it an iBook or a PowerBook? When does it freeze up? At start up? While you're playing your favorite game? In the middle of writing your latest Jarring and Canning Club Newsletter?

The more information you give the more accurately people will be able to diagnose the problem.

I have a 2002 G4. OSX (.3.8) was installed in 2004 and has received all updates since.

It freezes while I am typing (this is my third try at responding this morning). The freezing happens in iMail, Safari and Word. The cursor "disappears" and I am forced to unplug the power cord and take the battery out to force a re-start.

I have a 2002 G4.

Powerbook? iBook?

Does this problem follow you if you're logged in as someone else?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.