My mac is running slow. I asked a guy aBest Buy about it and he suggested I reformat my computer and then reinsatl backed up data form carbonite. Is there anything else to try. THis seems pretty drastic. If I msut reformt, do I go through disc utility?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

How old is it is it a desktop or laptop, I hope your hard drive is not going bad go into disk utility and run repair permissions and verify disk. If it's really slow your hd may be going bad, How much memory is in it? Re-formating and loading you os on a mac is un-necessary cause mac os does not use alot of system resources and does not clunk up like windows. Also how full is your hd?

How old is it is it a desktop or laptop, I hope your hard drive is not going bad go into disk utility and run repair permissions and verify disk. If it's really slow your hd may be going bad, How much memory is in it? Re-formating and loading you os on a mac is un-necessary cause mac os does not use alot of system resources and does not clunk up like windows. Also how full is your hd?

Only 15% full

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.