I was a long time user of the above program but now I'm into Mac I find I can no longer use it. Does any one have any ideas of a program similar to use on Mac.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for coil

Are there any specific features you're looking for?

Otherwise, for general photo-editing programs, here are a few:

1. Adobe Photoshop & Photoshop Elements
If you have money to spare, Photoshop provides a ton of expert features. Photoshop Elements is a lot cheaper but it also provides many of the features of Photoshop in a more user-friendly fashion.

2. Pixelmator
Pixelmator is a bit cheaper than Photoshop Elements, but it also provides a lot of great tools. It's more for creating images from scratch and advanced touching-up, in my opinion.

3. ResizeMe
If you're doing a ton of batch image processing, this is the program for you. Allows you to crop, rotate, resize, add watermarks, etc. on multiple images.

4. iPhoto
If you just want to create slideshows or do basic photo touch-up (e.g. adjust colors, add effects), iPhoto, which is included on Macs, should be enough.

Most (if not all) of the above software offer trials, so you can try it out before deciding.

Your a fountain of knolage coil, thanks for that. After buying this 27" Mac things will have to go on hold for awhile. d.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.