HI:
I have installed windows server in my mac(boot camp), but when logging in the window the screen requires ctrl+alt+del, I have MAC book pro laptop, can anyone tell me where is Delete key in MAC. I have tried ctrl+shift+esc it doesn't work.
Thanks!!!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Please try Alt+Cmd+Esc, I'm not sure if Windows will recognize as Ctrl+Alt+Del, but it opens the equvalent to task manager in Mac.

If you install windows on your macbook. Try option, command and delete. Option is just next to command on the macbook keyboard and delete is at the top right hand corner.

Sorry, i think it should be

control, option and delete.

Alt+Cmd+Esc doest not work i tried
and where is delete key in Apple laptop (top right corner) i u talking about the key which we use to exit CD..if thats the key then it dosent work---

I mean the delete key. Is just bottom the eject key. At the top right hand corner you will see an arrow key pointing straight below that is the delet key. Follow my instuctions. command, option and delete.

Command and option is just next to each other.

So does it work? Try all above solutions and various commands. Try using control,shift and esc.
Control is at the bottm and shift is at the top of it. Esc is at the top left hand side. So use control, shift and esc

naaa i tried Ctrl+Shift+esc dont work
AND I have tried cmd+alt+backspace, cmd+alt+enter, cmd+alt+key next f12 (Command + option + delete)---none of it works..is it because I got MAC book pro laptop???

Are you using other software to log in to windows. I use Macbook Pro also and i have windows 7 install on it. But i use parallel desktop to log in windows. When i log in to windows, they never ask me to key in any password and also don't have Ctrl+Alt+Del stuff. You know when you use windows you have to press the 2 buttons to log in my macbook just auto log in without needing to press anything.

Try this link to see whether it helps

http://www.hypergurl.com/blog/mac/windows-on-mac.html

I have used BootCamp to install windows..And I am not using Windows 7 I have installed 'Windows Server 2003' and server packets asks u 2 press ctrl+alt+del. Basically I am studding CISCO course and I 1 a learn practical aspect of CISCO (Lab). Therefore i installed Windows server 2003 to set up different servers e.g. FTP server, TFTP server etc... In windows 7 I can't get more networking features compare to Windows server.

That's bizzarre, I use VMWare and run Windows 7 and it seems to translate across correctly. Bootcamp, however, lacks the translation controls of that software and simply boots you up into Windows Server.

I wonder if it's an application issue specifically with the login for Windows Server (being particular). Hitting up the Del key (right above the pipe) always does it for me in the VM environment. While the advice about the Mac-side Force-quit function is correct, it won't help in boot-camp-launched Windows.

Sorry to pull this from the dead, but incase this was still an issue for someone, the solution is pressing fn+alt/option key(this causes it to be alt)+control+delete.

Thanks for this post and the helpful answer at the end, it made my day after a lot of stuggle.
Worked with the selection of 4 keys on MacBook Pro: fn + Control + Option/alt + Delete

Peace on guidance follower
Just try fn+Comand+Del

I am not enderstand !!

Seriously. These answers are worse than the ones at Yahoo Answers.
Fn+Ctrl+Alt+Backspace does not work on Mac (at least not the older ones).

There is no keyboard shortcut for Ctrl-Alt-Del in bootcamp. You need to click on the "Ease of Access" button in the bottom right corner and then select the On-Screen Keyboard.

After you get into Windows, download a keyboard re-mapper (like Inchwest MapKeyboard) and bind the Delete key to another key (like that useless right-cmd key).

After downloading and installing the Boot Camp Support Software from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1638 , I was able to get Control + Option + Delete to function as the Ctrl Alt Del Windows 7 command on a mid 2010 MacBook Pro.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.