I installed Airport Extreme and connected an Epson 2200. I can print from my iBook to the Bonjour 2200. However, when I try to print from my MACMini, it tries to add the printer (It sees it) and then goes into an endless loop and becomes non-responsive.
I have reset the printing system with no luck. Both are running current Tiger.:mad:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

OK, I assume you have a networkable printer. (One that has Ethernet at the back.) In this case, fire up Printer Setup Utility (located in /Applications/Utilities), and you will see all the printers via Bonjour. Then click "add", and follow the instructions for adding a printer.

Try to find a driver. If you cannot, you should get out a CD that came with Epson, and install software. This software will add the driver that you need, so then fire up Printer Setup Utility again, and then install the printer, and it should print with the right driver.

Hope this makes sense.
--Joe

OK, I assume you have a networkable printer. (One that has Ethernet at the back.) In this case, fire up Printer Setup Utility (located in /Applications/Utilities), and you will see all the printers via Bonjour. Then click "add", and follow the instructions for adding a printer.

Try to find a driver. If you cannot, you should get out a CD that came with Epson, and install software. This software will add the driver that you need, so then fire up Printer Setup Utility again, and then install the printer, and it should print with the right driver.

Hope this makes sense.
--Joe

Thanks.:cheesy: The printer is an Epson 2200 and is connected to the Airport Extreme via usb, which is the only connection possible. I can print to it wirelessly from my iBook and via ethernet from a Linux box. When I try to print from my MAC mini wirelessly the print software sees it as a Bonjour printer and tries to add it. However, it never finishes adding and goes into a loop or becomes non-responsive. I have reset the printing system and re-inswtalled all printers but that did not fix the problem.:mad:

Hope you can come up with something as this is now quite frustrating. Oh, btw, I can print directly to this printer from the mini.:confused:

How odd. If your Mac Mini can print to it when wired, this points to some IP/DHCP problem.

Try going into the Network section of the control panel, and make sure it's reporting the correct IP address. Also, try renewing/releaseing the DHCP. Also try moving the Mini closer to your router.

commented: Good, logical comments. +1
commented: Good job in the Mac forum :) +5

Yep, I have checked the IP and released and renewed several times. I can't get the mini closer to the Extreme. If the mini "sees" the printer it wants to add, how would getting closer help? I'll try if I can.

Yep, I have checked the IP and released and renewed several times. I can't get the mini closer to the Extreme. If the mini "sees" the printer it wants to add, how would getting closer help? I'll try if I can.

Well, if it works when it's wired, it's definitely not a printer issue. My MacBook has had some wireless issues with my D-Link router, but I fixed it by restarting the router and changing a few config options.

After much work installing gimp and usb drivers I am still unable to print from my MacMini to my Extreme bonjour Epson 2200. I am able to print to my iBook G3 (wireless) and my Linux (Linspire) pcs. The mini sees the printer but stalls out when "adding" the printer.

I have reset the printing system and reloaded drivers.

What should i do next?:cry:

OK, so it stalls after you've chosen the printer and driver to use with it? Can you add the printer if you're hooked up with Ethernet (hard-wired) connection? Maybe that would work better.

Just a thought.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.