i have a Toshiba p205-s7476 and after i turn the computer on it asks how do I want ti to boot up if i start it normally or not the black screen appears with the arrow pointer. Can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

if you start in safe mode does it display the explorer. If it does then can you please go to device manger (computer then system properites then device manger) then open display adaptors then properties then the driver tab and tell me who the driver provider is and the version and the date. Also is this a recent problem ie since an windows update??

when you try to start in safe mode, start the computer repair or anything else, it goes black again in about 10 min.

Woops, did not read the problem. Carry on...

it sounds like a hardware fault if it works for ten minutes then turns itself of. Can you get the driver information for me (by going into safe mode then as I explained before)

it sounds like a hardware fault if it works for ten minutes then turns itself of. Can you get the driver information for me (by going into safe mode then as I explained before)

the thing is it wont go into safe mode at all, whichever mode you try to get t ti start in the screen goes black and says microsoft corp. at the bottom with some green lines at the bottom like its loading, it does that for about 2-3 min then the screen just goes completely black but has the pointer in the middle. you can move the pointer but the screen is completely black so you cant do anything. (except turn it back off by holding down the power button) and theres not even a faint picture if you look close theres nothing but a black screen and a pointer.

send it back where u got it from

If you are running Vista, it sounds as if you have a settings issue. Follow these steps:
1. Control Panel
2. Classic View
3. Power Options
4. Balanced
5. Change advanced power settings
6. Processor Power Management
7. Minimum Processor state should be set at 100%.

See if that works...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.