My computer locks up out of no where for about 3 secs it randomly does this i scaned my comp about 20 times found nothing i checked what was running in the prcoesser and the ram found nothing out of the ordanray What could be wrong?

I got win98

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What kind of scan did you run, Anti-Virus, for Spyware, Ads.

What kind of scan did you run, Anti-Virus, for Spyware, Ads.

Anti-Virus what happens is the mouses stops then everything else for like 3 secs then back to normal but it happens alot it is pissin me off i am gona formatt if i don't find out what it is it doesn't load anything just locks up.

You may want to download Adaware or HiJackThis and see what else is going on.

If your system is limited on its resources, you won't have anything wrong and it still may act like that. (Like a P-66 with 4 MB of RAM...)

If your system is limited on its resources, you won't have anything wrong and it still may act like that. (Like a P-66 with 4 MB of RAM...)

That's the most common reason I've observed for that kind of behavior. What speed CPU and MB of RAM have you? Does the problam usually occur when you have a lot of apps open?

Another reason for this could be that Win98 is accessing your swap file too much. Too little RAM or a bad swap file setting are the likely culprits for that.

Its not resources I built this system my self its 2.2Ghz AMD Athlon XP 512MB i went with 98 because i am really good at useing it XP had alot of problems when it came out so i am scared to go with it i formated my comp it's looking like hardwere but unlikly cause it didn't start happening again for a few days It looks like a program but all of them never gave me this bs before

Since the format it doesn't lock up something important i forgot to add now the mouse just frezze's i had a heart to heart talk with it(aka beat the liveing shit out of it) but it insits in pissing me off its annoying when i am playing halo and my mouse stops moveing I can't shot but i can use the keyboard so i get pistol wiped very annoying.

Thanks for the help.....I guess well for the support i found out it was the gay mouse I am on a ball mouse right now the lazer mouse i had was fault so i am gona get a new one :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.