I get this error when I boot my comp. The comp posts fine, and then I see the xp pro symbol faded out, then it focuses, the blue bar rolls, then I get a blue screen. Something about "TOP: c0000135 {couldn't locate file}
WINSRV is missing. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Can anyone help me please?! I'm so worried. I built this thing and it's such a clean system. Why would I get this error.

When I try recovery with my OS CD, it doesn't work. Safe mode doesn't work. Because my HDD is on my RAID connector, I entered the F6 to load raid drivers mode and it says it was unable to load support for any mass storage devices. Then it gives me an option S to load other SCSI or CD-rom devices or something, an Enter option to continue, or F3 to quit. Should I be loading drivers from a different CD? I can't believe all this for freakin winsrv. I'm screwed.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't include the necessary information. I'm running XP pro with SP1 (yes, I bought the OS myself). Built the rig myself. I hadn't installed any new programs in awhile (although I started playing Knight of the Old Republic and CounterStrike a lot). I run ZoneAlarm Pro always, and Regsupreme sometimes. That's about it. The problem occurs everytime I boot. At first, I had two or three boots where xp pro wanted to run a checkdisk and it did, and passed successfully. I thought this was odd. And now, I get the above problem

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Tyran

Well, I have since found a fix for the problem (although I have not implemented it).

I also might have the cause as well. At least in my case. I use RegSupreme every so often to do a very shallow sweep of my registry for temp keys and entries that are no longer needed. I think I might have damaged the system key pointing to winsrv or something.

I went to the link you gave, but I can't contact him because I'm not a member of that board (to pay for a monthly fee for an online forum? How absurd)

Hi,
I also got the same problem this afternoon.
Please tell me how to solve it.

I am using windows 2000 professional.

i have read that this may solve the problem.

create a .txt file on a floppy with this line in it.

COPY "C:\WINNT\$NtUninstallKB835732$\kernel32.dll" "c:\winnt\system32\kernel32.dll"

use the boot disketts or cd to get to the "repair console". insert the floppy and type:
batch a:\"file name".txt

this should replace the Kernel32.dll with the old one. remove the floppy and type exit.

hopefully this should do it.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.