I did as you said but the result is same.
What if I don't open windows media player and do my other work as normal. Will that but any bad affect on my PC/hard drive?
Can this issue still be fixed ?

I did and it said at the end
"The volume is clean"

upgrade to 2gigs of ram (only costs $15-$30 at tiger direct and is easy to install) and if possible, take of all crap ware and trial software off of it. If you don't have money for ram, your stuck.

I can buy ram. That's not a problem for me.
No crap ware or trial software installed in my laptop.

Just wanted to know how to put that 2 gigs ram in my laptop. How is it possible? Do I need to go to computer shop where they can open my laptop and remove 1 gig ram and put 2 gigs ram ?

just go to the fujitsu website or manual and it should tell you. Your notebook should be able to support the two gigs, or maybe even four. Free of charge, they shop should let you know where the cover is.

That's great. I will check out

Today morning I opened my laptop and it got freeze for the 1st time in Windows Ultimate!
I turned off directly and in 10 minutes again it got freeze!
Now I am planning to either get 2 Gigs ram or install Windows XP back :(

I guess it happened both times when I was listening songs in Real Player.
It gets freeze when I open Windows Media Player, File, Open, Computer and the computer gets restarted whereas now in Real Player when I listen songs, it get freeze in minutes.

So it means there is some problem in multimedia hardware in my laptop?
But I don't face such problem or any other in Windows XP.

Can any one help me out or I should get back to old Windows XP

It freezes without opening Real Player too now! :(

This is really strange.
Your HDD is fine, so it's not that, RAM at 1 Gb is sufficient to run Vista, You don't have any nasties in your system. mmm indeed.
How old is this laptop? Is it still in warranty?

i say it a over heating problem myself !!! and if still under warranty then i would return it ! Pronto

Totally agree with ya caperjack, if it is in warranty take it back! Do you think it's the CPU overheating? That could cause this kinda issue, with lots of freezing.

Totally agree with ya caperjack, if it is in warranty take it back! Do you think it's the CPU overheating? That could cause this kinda issue, with lots of freezing.

yes the cpu ,i think and all it might take is a can of compressed air to clean fans and heatsinc fins .

How old is this laptop funwadi? Do you think that it is a build up of dust then caperjack? It would seem a plausible explanation, if this laptop was over a year or so old.

yeah you maybe right ,it might be a little new for dust

if your pc was preinstalled with vista, going back to xp is more trouble than its worth. i ve tried that, and all i got was a lot of errors, poor performance, and a broken keyboard ( i physically broke it from frustration, and got it replaced via hp's accidental care protection), and still ended up going back to vista.
if you manually installed vista, going back to xp may improve performance, and save you trouble. either way, you will be forced to switch to vista soon, as xp End Of Life is on its way.
if real player and windows media player causes freeze ups, upgrade to two gigs of ram. But upgrade soon as new DDR3 is emerging, meaning that ddr2 will be in short supply and therefore a higher price.
good luck.

if this helped, add it to my reputation.

forumdude123

commented: Thanks for the info +1

upgrade soon as new DDR3 is emerging, meaning that ddr2 will be in short supply and therefore a higher price.

no. old ddr(1) and plain sdram is still cheap

not compared to ddr2, i tried to see how much ddr 1 costs, and a gig of that is 125.00 @ Tiger Direct!!!

tiger is crap. use crucial. on crucial 2x512mb sticks of standard RAM is:

DDR --- $65 to $110
DDR2 --- $30 to $85
DDR3 -- $135

as you can see, theres minimal difference

This is really strange.
Your HDD is fine, so it's not that, RAM at 1 Gb is sufficient to run Vista, You don't have any nasties in your system. mmm indeed.
How old is this laptop? Is it still in warranty?

4-5 months old. Bought from Dubai Gitex and now I am shifted back to my country Pakistan

i say it a over heating problem myself !!! and if still under warranty then i would return it ! Pronto

How to check whether it's overheating or not? But for 4 months Windows XP was installed and laptop used to be over for many days and night continuously and it never freezes!

if your pc was preinstalled with vista, going back to xp is more trouble than its worth. i ve tried that, and all i got was a lot of errors, poor performance, and a broken keyboard ( i physically broke it from frustration, and got it replaced via hp's accidental care protection), and still ended up going back to vista.
if you manually installed vista, going back to xp may improve performance, and save you trouble. either way, you will be forced to switch to vista soon, as xp End Of Life is on its way.
if real player and windows media player causes freeze ups, upgrade to two gigs of ram. But upgrade soon as new DDR3 is emerging, meaning that ddr2 will be in short supply and therefore a higher price.
good luck.

if this helped, add it to my reputation.

forumdude123

My laptop was pre-installed with Vista Home Basic and from the very first day after few hours it started freezing! Then the next day I installed Windows XP and kept for 4-5 months and XP was working fine from all ends. But I thought to get back to Vista and may be I won't face such trouble again but it started again but only in Vista!

No, I realize later that real player or windows media player is not causing any problem.

Thanks everyone who is in this thread and trying out to help me :)

Normally overheating is caused by the fans not working as efficiently as they should be, at cooling the CPU and other system critical components. There are some good temperature monitoring tools that can be downloaded. I hear SpeedFan is quite good, http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php , but i am sure there are some others which are also highly rated. To download SpeedFan click the link and press on the hyperlink that says 'SpeedFan 4.33' . That is the latest non-beta version. Simply download it, install it, and run it to monitor the temperature of the parts in your system. Also with it being well under a year old, i would be tempted to take it back to place where u bought it. Seeing as this laptop is providing some grief.

I will download and run the software and let you guys know the result of it.

Also I cannot take back the laptop to Dubai as I have shifted back to Pakistan forever but got international warranty so I can show to the companies representative which might be located in my city.

That would be a good idea to do. Contact the people that sold you your Laptop (see if they have a website). A laptop is meant to last for years, not months :P
Do tell us the temperature of your CPU when you get this software running. Check the temperature before it freezes or have the program open, so that it freezes with the temperature still showing.

The temperature which is normally running now is between 64-70 and still it's running. Before 1 hour it got freeze but after this software installation, it's still working. Once it's stuck I will note down that time's temperature and inform you.

tiger is the retailer, not the brand!!! Double check your brands before making a comment next time!!!

tiger is the retailer, not the brand!!! Double check your brands before making a comment next time!!!

use reply with quote ,so dummies like me know who you are referring to .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.