i have experience folder option problem in win xp.i edit the registry option of folder option many times.but next restart it will goes the same condition "do not show hidden files and folders".so iam upset about this problem.i am hardware service technician in a private firm.I want solve it without formatting.plz help me. i wish to know one thing that how can we get the script file in windows and how we can use this file to resolve the folder option problem.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

type in run command-msconfig.
and open startup,than see if any of following file exist -amvo\avpo\avpa\ampo .exe than uncheck that process and see the location of that file ( this may be in c:\windows\system32\
if ur os in c:\ otherwise in which dir u install ur os,i have on c:\).now restart the window.
open command prompt and go to c:\windows\system32\
type command --
dir /ah --this will show u all hidden files which may contain amvo\avpo....\.exe & avpa\amva\ ..\.dll file .(generally 7 hidden files are present so be carefull)
edit with 'edit' command and save as in another location.(do same with both .exe & .dll file)
now exit command prompt.
now cut ur newly save as file and paste into c:\windows\system32\
this will prompt u to replace ur file click yes and now both file appear to u,so delete them permanently.
now edit ur registry values--
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explore\advanced\folderoption\hidden \show all\
change 'checked value' to '1' if '0';
also to see ur folder option go with regedit-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\
change the value '1' to '0' of 'NoFolderOption'.Delete that key..

if u uaable to do it than search for ur .exe file by which u infected and download any antispyware .
i have RegRun5 and i use 'kill file' option to delete that file.u will also use substituter detector to block that file...................

DO IT ON UR OWN RISK...........................

type in run command-msconfig.
and open startup,than see if any of following file exist -amvo\avpo\avpa\ampo .exe than uncheck that process and see the location of that file ( this may be in c:\windows\system32\
if ur os in c:\ otherwise in which dir u install ur os,i have on c:\).now restart the window.
open command prompt and go to c:\windows\system32\
type command --
dir /ah --this will show u all hidden files which may contain amvo\avpo....\.exe & avpa\amva\ ..\.dll file .(generally 7 hidden files are present so be carefull)
edit with 'edit' command and save as in another location.(do same with both .exe & .dll file)
now exit command prompt.
now cut ur newly save as file and paste into c:\windows\system32\
this will prompt u to replace ur file click yes and now both file appear to u,so delete them permanently.
now edit ur registry values--
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explore\advanced\folderoption\hidden \show all\
change 'checked value' to '1' if '0';
also to see ur folder option go with regedit-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\
change the value '1' to '0' of 'NoFolderOption'.Delete that key..

if u uaable to do it than search for ur .exe file by which u infected and download any antispyware .
i have RegRun5 and i use 'kill file' option to delete that file.u will also use substituter detector to block that file...................

DO IT ON UR OWN RISK...........................

i can see the amvo.exe,amvo0.dll and amvo1.dll
i can delete amvo.exe and amvo1.dll.but can't amvo0.dll.so i can't solve my problem

Gee, nice, pointed and accurate reply by pushkar. Nothing beats experience....
Okay, file deletion.... try it in safe mode, or use this tool:
==This one is a general purpose deleter, Unlocker: http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/
Dclick the exe to install it, unchecking the updater and assistant boxes. It runs from the rclick context menu, and that is cool.

first u have to delete amvo.exe than again restart the window & than try to delete in same manner........if not than see in dos promt is amvo.exe or any other exe file is not regenerated...
best of luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.