I am running Windows 98.

I just installed a printer and am trying to use the USB port to connect. It states that the driver is not installed.

I have tried a few drivers without success. How do I know which driver to install and where do I get it?? Would it be on the 98 CD or is it on the C drive and it can't be found??

Help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What type of printer do you have? You'll have to go to the manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers for your printer. For example, if it's a canon printer, look up the specific model at canon.com ... hp, do the same thing at hp.com. Download the latest drivers, install them, and it should all work.

HI:

I have the correct driver for the printer--it is the USB driver that I do not have installed.
How do I know what USB driver to install??

If you have the win98 cd put in and direct the driver install to the win98 folder ,if you don't have the cd try directing it to c:\windows \system ,folder

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.