Since downloading SP2, often when trying to access the internet say from an OE email containing a URL, I get a message "via" adjacent to the microsoft symbol which essentially freezes my access.

Any idea what is causing the problem and how I can correct it?

Also, I'm now having a problem printing (lexmark 55) web pages using explorer - I get prints OK, though, when using wordpad. I've reinstalled lexmark 55 but still having the same problem. Help anyone?

On the "via" message, you probably need to check your startup items. You should check in the startup folder on your start menu and also in msconfig (start>run>"msconfig"). Check the startup tab, and uncheck anything that looks suspicious. If you don't know what it is, do a google search on it to make sure you're not disabling anything that could cause problems.

On the printer, I've noticed trouble with printing web pages when the memory settings on the printer are messed up. I don't know if that's your problem now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.