hey guys, i've recently reformatted my harddrive so obviously i had to reinstall windows, all is fine until i am asked for the product key, i enter my key found on the sticker (i've reformatted the HDD twice with this key with no trouble...) and it says its not valid.....what could be the problem?!
help would be much appreciated

cheers

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

restart the installation and do a standard format of the hard drive DO NOT select the quick format option. if you are given the option to delete the partition do that and then create a new one

I am reinstalling XP Home, its my computer my software, nothing bootlegged. The product reg card has too many numbers than the defined 25 spaces allowed. what is that?? anyone have any ideas how i can get past this? thanks.

hey there...any ideas on this post i just added??

I am reinstalling XP Home, its my computer my software, nothing bootlegged. The product reg card has too many numbers than the defined 25 spaces allowed. wtf is that?? anyone have any ideas how i can get past this? thanks.

Microsofts keys are only good for a few times rerun then you have to call them and they may or not give you a new one

try what bobbyraw said and disconnect any internet cables. That should work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.