Can anyone tell me where can I found the bootable files for installing windows xp professional (without service pack) as a standalone os?

all I have is a boot disk for windows 98 second edition. so the problem arises when i try to install winxp pro. before installing it i have to install win98 se otheriwse i can't install win xp.

if somebody can post any link here that would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance......

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

my bios supports booting from cd/dvd drives. but my windows xp professional cd is not bootable. it only contains installable files not the startup files.

thanks for the link you provided. but i already have these six files downloaded from some other site. but i haven't created the setup disks yet. can there be an option available that instead of using the FDDS i can create a setup disk using a cd or dvd? i mean can an ISO file for setup disks be possible to get?

i think if you have burner and Nero you could create bootable disk using the file on the 6 floppys ,but i could be wrong ,maybe something for me to try today and see .

if somebody can post any link here that would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance......

www.google.com

hello caperjack i have also tried the step you said a long days ago. but i'm very sorry to say it didn't work. the burning was completed successfully but when i was trying to boot my pc from that disk it hadn't responded at all.

thanks any way for the replies you made.

Thanks for the link Laser.
I'll check that and get back with my feedback soon.

regards
Shouvik

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.