Hi guys! I have a problem.. When I start my laptop, everything was going fine. Then suddenly, when I click the START menu, the menu went all black. No icons could be seen until you point at them one by one. When I restart, everything went back to normal again.

I have Windows XP Professional SP2. Is this normal or is my OS having problems? Please help.. Thanks.

It controls the processes that you have in execution to the start of the windows. Normally with antivirus and processes of windows you must not have more than 22-25 active processes.
Try when you login first time to finish the process "explorer.exe" and then to restore it:
Click CTRL+ALT+CANC for enter in task-manager and selcet under process explorer.exe an then click "finish process". Then go to tab "Application", click in "new application" and write "explorer.exe"

It watches even if as soon as it enters in windows the process "explorer.exe" sucks much memory.

Bye

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.