hi..just want to ask guys if anybody can help me...I use XP as my OS. but there seems to be a problem when I open the command line.Everytime I open it Windows shuts down and I have to restart my PC all over again. It displays a error but I cant read it coz it appeaars so fast in the screen.pls help me guys solve this problem..thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hello .hitting f8 on bootup will bring up a screen with safe mode and other option ,choose the one that says "disable auto start on error report " ,something like that, then hit enter ,next time it craps out you should get BSOD error report screen ,write down the error report and post it here for review .

hi..just want to ask guys if anybody can help me...I use XP as my OS. but there seems to be a problem when I open the command line.Everytime I open it Windows shuts down and I have to restart my PC all over again. It displays a error but I cant read it coz it appeaars so fast in the screen.pls help me guys solve this problem..thanks

You can try Right click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced. in the Startup and Recovery area click the settings button.On the resulting box in the system Failure area remove the check mark from "Automatically restart". You should then be able to see the error message the next time it reboots. Hope this helps identify the error.
Paul

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.