I'm not sure if you would consider this a tech support question but I have an old dlink dmp-100 mp3 player and the original install cd dosent support windows xp. I went to the dlink website but the drivers they have for win xp are really for win2k and wont work. If anyone knows where I can obtain these drivers please let me know, thanks alot.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you just tried plugging the device in and seeing if it works? Also, what makes you say that the drivers you downloaded "won't work"? I've done lots of 2000 driver installs on XP systems with nary a problem. Because for the most part, Windows XP can just be considered a pretty-ed up version of 2000.

Yes, the device uses a serial connection and I have tried to just see if it works but it didnt. I downloaded the drivers from the dlink website and when I try to load them it tells me "The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications - 16 bit Windows Subsystem" Thats the error I get when I try to run the setup file.

Has anyone experienced the DMP-100 set up software hanging after start up under Windows XP SP2 ?. I downloaded the latest software version (dmp100_win2k_driver_022001) from DLink support website. Actually it starts up properly according to Task Manager but doesn't show up on the display and seems to hang. I have attempted to start it up in all other compatibility modes, dissapointingly without results. Do you have any suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.