my IE keeps shutting down on me when ever I try to play a game at my favorite site. this has only been happening for the last month or so!. I have reslicked the harddrive a few days ago so I know there are no virus or spy wear.. But no sooner then I start to play a game it will shut down. I have all the shockwave files I need at this site to play these games. and like I said it has only just started happening. Any advice wll be greatly welcomed! Thanks so very much!
Drellw :!:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you sure it isn't spyware. Spyware can clog up your memory and when you play the game makes the IE crash. Get HiJAck This and post it on here. Also what pograms did you use to check for spyware?

Are you sure it isn't spyware. Spyware can clog up your memory and when you play the game makes the IE crash. Get HiJAck This and post it on here. Also what pograms did you use to check for spyware?

I have been using Lava and if it is spy wear I don't know how is got there.. like I said it has only been like 3 days sence I've slicked the harddrive and have lava running all the time

Could be overheating, have you cleaned inside the case recently? Be careful when you do this, use a ground strap to avoid damage via static electricity.

You may also have a failing video card or RAM.

After you reinstalled your OS, did you reinstall the motherboard drivers and the drivers for all other devices?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.