I have a zune and an iriver clix mp3 players. When I plug the zune in, it is detected by windows which attempts to install device driver software (and always fails) but it is not detected by the actual zune software itself. Also, it does not show up in "Computer" (as a drive or mp3 player). The above also happens with the iriver.

Some other information:

• I've plugged in an ipod nano, and that was detected by itunes and works fine
  • I uninstalled every mp3 software (itunes, zune, etc.) and reinstalled over 10 times. (As well as restarting the mp3 players and the computer).
  • I've been googling this for about 2 weeks and have found no pertinent information
  • When I go into device manager, the zune (or clix) always has a yellow "!" next to it and has a code 10 (This device cannot start).
  • Also in device manager I have a yellow "!" next to the microsoft wpd filesystem volume driver which also has a code 10. (Don't know if this is relevant or not).
  • I've tried different USB ports

Thats all I can think of at the moment, so if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask...

Any help I can get will be appreciated :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

So its been a week; I guess this means no one has an answer for me?

Anyone have any ideas where I could go to find some answers at least?

DaniWeb Forum Index > Hardware and Software > Microsoft Windows > Windows Vista and...
Mp3 Players Not Being Detected (Zune, iRiver Clix)

I also have an iriver H120D mp3 player. And there were no drivers in Windows 7. At present my H120D player is not working.

Fmurrihy

DaniWeb Forum Index > Hardware and Software > Microsoft Windows > Windows Vista and...
Mp3 Players Not Being Detected (Zune, iRiver Clix)

I also have an iriver H120D mp3 player. And there were no drivers in Windows 7. At present my H120D player is not working.

Fmurrihy

for get it

Sounds like you need the correct drivers installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.