Hi Guys.
Can anyone recommend a decent piece of video editing software they has the capability of de-noising the audio track?

I have a 6 minute mp4 which I recorded on my mobile phone but all you can hear is the stupid woman next to me talking. Is there anyway I can cut this out or hide it or even tone it down but still leaving the base audio track intact?

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

There is very little chance you will be able to remove the woman's voice from the track if it is on the same track as the audio you want.

I had a feeling you were going to say that. It was worth asking an expert though. Thanks for your help.

Hi
Try the Total Video Converter 3.01 Inshallah You Will find a good soloution of your problem

I will totally confirm Dukane's comment, that it is virtually impossible to remove the voice of the women, but making extream changes to the EQ of the audio track may blur/soften it a little.

It does depend on how different the frequencies are of this unwanted sound, from the 'wanted' audio. Unfortunately, with the human voice, it does generally cover a large range of frequencies from about 400Hz to 15kHz. This is a huge section of the spectrum, of which the 'wanted' sound also exists in.

I'm hoping for you that her voice is really high and squeaky. This would make it much easier to EQ out, once you've separated the Audio from the Video in which ever program.

Cyberlink software is perfectly good Authoring appliance, but it doesn't specifically help Bettynew out with removing this womans voice.

Software that would be much more appropriate would be something like Soundforge or Peak.

I will totally confirm Dukane's comment, that it is virtually impossible to remove the voice of the women, but making extream changes to the EQ of the audio track may blur/soften it a little.

It does depend on how different the frequencies are of this unwanted sound, from the 'wanted' audio. Unfortunately, with the human voice, it does generally cover a large range of frequencies from about 400Hz to 15kHz. This is a huge section of the spectrum, of which the 'wanted' sound also exists in.

I'm hoping for you that her voice is really high and squeaky. This would make it much easier to EQ out, once you've separated the Audio from the Video in which ever program.

Its funny you should say that, its a scream so its pretty high pitched! (it was at a concert just in case you were wondering).

I will check this out and see how it turns out, can't be any worse than it is now! Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.