Windows will not let me log in.

It begins to say loading settings, then the desktop flashes for a split second, then it says saving your personal settings and goes back to the different users on my computer. No users can log in.

I recently deleted spyware using autoruns and I also deleted some stuff from my computer that I wasnt exactly sure of.

Could I have deleted windows all together?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You didn't delete windows, there's just something wrong with your log-in system.

First try booting to safemode (preferably safemode with networking) by pressing F8 before the windows splash screen comes up. If you can log into your normal account in safemode run windows updates and if possible restore the deleted items you "weren't sure about".

If this doesn't work try loading using the administrator account (shown by default on the safemode log-in, or in standard mode by hitting CTRL+ALT+DELETE when the user accounts come up and manually entering Administrator for the user. If you're able to get into the administrator account go to control panel, users, and create new user accounts which should work properly and allow you to transfer your documents from the damaged accounts.

hey i have the same problem on my other computer. i tried to do safe mode or safe mode with networking, a list pops up all sayings stuff like multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\(this part changes for every item in the list) then it stops. the list is there but it will not do anything. after i press enter it goes to my profile and trys to log in and has the same problem. i tried the ctrl alt delete thing. a small box popped up saying admin name and pass but then after i enter that it logs me back out. i do know my gf was on it last night then she flipped out about there being a trojan then ran nortons and deleted it. not sure if that could have anything to do with this or not. anyways thanks for your time and please help. i really would rather keep everything but if cant i would atleast like to keep some of the files i have on my computer (pictures). thanks

You didn't delete windows, there's just something wrong with your log-in system.

First try booting to safemode (preferably safemode with networking) by pressing F8 before the windows splash screen comes up. If you can log into your normal account in safemode run windows updates and if possible restore the deleted items you "weren't sure about".

If this doesn't work try loading using the administrator account (shown by default on the safemode log-in, or in standard mode by hitting CTRL+ALT+DELETE when the user accounts come up and manually entering Administrator for the user. If you're able to get into the administrator account go to control panel, users, and create new user accounts which should work properly and allow you to transfer your documents from the damaged accounts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.