This is pissing me off. Random restarts. I know the topic has bee discusses many a time before. But i've never heard anyone speak of this particular error. I hate it, i'm angry, lol, and I am about ready to make the "Switch" if you know what i'm talking about. TCPIP.sys keeps on crashing or something. At least thats what the BSOD tells me. But by then it's too late to do anything about. Blue screens suck! I'd much rather them be red. :!:

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

By the way. Here are my system specs.

MSI K7N2-L
1.4 TBird
Western Digital Caviar
Windows XP Professional w/SP1
Plextor DVDRW
Acer 56x Max CD-ROM
Abit Siluro Geforce 4 ti4200

What all this has to do with anything I don't know. But if that TCPIP.sys has anything to do with the onboard Lan then perhaps I can just put a network card in and disable the onboard Lan?

Putting in a good network card is a good idea !

Ok...I put in a new network card and so far I haven't recieved a TCPIP.sys error. But I did crash again and this time it was KMIXER.sys. What the hell is going on? I found out it has something to do with the sound. So perhaps if I disable onboard sound and find my XGamer the problem will cease?

What is up with onboard peripherals sucking? I guess it's just my mobo, although it isn't a bad mobo. Sigh!

Ay! Ay! Ay! Now WIN32K.sys crashed. What the hell is going on? Microsoft blows!

put in you winxp disk ,reboot and run the repair !!

put in you winxp disk ,reboot and run the repair !!

Seconded.

Ay! Ay! Ay! Now WIN32K.sys crashed. What the hell is going on? Microsoft blows!

With that attitude, you're really not going to like Mac's.

Such an overgeneralization. Your PC's fine, it just had a hiccup. Cure the hiccup, and the system will be fine.

Quite a hiccup considering I reformatted a different drive and yet I continue to crash. It's just confusing me. I tested the ram with some ram tester program and it passed every test. I changed the network adapter and turned off the onboard lan. I downloaded drivers all day long and about 6 or 7 times and yet nothing. Could it be that I have different kind of ram? Meaning I have 2 generic brand (Liberty) 512 modules and 1 Corsair XMS 256 400 running at 333. Could running memory at lower clockspeeds cause a problem? Or could the two manufacturers just conflict with each other? Hmmmm...

Or could the two manufacturers just conflict with each other? Hmmmm...

Yes some rams will not work properly together its best to stay with 1 brand name.
Have you tried only using 1 stick at a time?

Quite a hiccup considering I reformatted a different drive and yet I continue to crash.

Thats one massive hiccup

Well...Let's see...I took out the two liberty generic sticks of ram and that seemed to clear everything up. I guess they were bad. I did however test them and the test came up negative. So now I don't understand what their problems are. Anyway that takes me down from 1.25 gigs to 256mb, doesn't that just suck. Oh well, no big deal...I'll just have to run battlefield with all settings at their lowest. Thanks a lot for all your help.

What is your motherboards limit for ram!

LATER...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.