Hello,

I can't change my desktop background through Display Properties. Even after I choose a background image via Browse, the preview does not change, the image I just selected doesn't show up in the list, nor does the desktop background change after clicking OK. I should note the following:
- I have Googled for solutions, but the problems stated usually occured because of spyware or viruses. I had NEITHER of those at all on my computer.
- The Desktop tab in Display Properties does work, so does Browse and the list of backgrounds to apply. It's just that when I select an image in Browse, it doesn't display in the preview area. The cases that I Googled had the problem of either one or both of these options disabled (again, due to spyware/viruses).
- The ONLY way I can change my background is via a web browser and right-clicking the image I want, selecting Set as Desktop Background.

I've had this problem for a while now, and can't figure out a way to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Google for a registry fix It might be that your Windows Registry is set to 0=false
so that may be the problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.